Today will be the last of The Medicated Mommy Mondays series. On this last Monday of July, I want to tell you about what fires me up.
- 1 in 7 moms will have a postpartum mood disorder, but most of us don’t know that.
- Only 15% of these moms receive treatment.
- Many moms still feel as if they have to pretend motherhood is easy and amazing all the time.
- The lack of education about postpartum depression and its risk factors.
- Moms feeling isolated and alone.
- Moms feeling guilty for taking care of themselves.
- Moms feeling like they have to be anyone but their authentic selves.
- Anything other than acceptance of a mom’s choice for how she feeds her baby.
- Moms making other moms feel bad or judged.
- Any form of mom-shaming.
Everything above constantly motivates me to continue doing what I do. I’m not stopping until no mom ever feels as if she needs to struggle or suffer in silence.
What fires you up?
If you missed any of The Medicated Mommy Mondays Series:
Part 1: Why I Do What I Do…
Part 2: Who Am I Here For?
Part 3: What Are My Values?